There are a multitude of ways area churches can get involved in SMI Philly. If you have an idea that’s not listed here, please feel free to get in touch with the director, Holly, at email@example.com.
Hands-On Ways for Partner Churches to Serve SMI Students and Faculty
- Prayer – Pray for SMI before, during, and after our three weeks in North Philly.
- Meals – Provide a dinner for the SMI team (either cooking at home and bringing to where the SMI team will be staying or cooking at the SMI house with SMI-purchased food).
- Community – Provide community credibility to the SMI project by participating/partnering with SMI; follow up with contacts made during SMI after the team has left.
- Housing – Provide housing for out-of-town faculty (Christian healthcare professionals who join the SMI team for part or all of the three weeks to provide leadership and mentoring to the students). This would include providing breakfast for faculty, but the SMI team would provide lunch and dinner.
- Transportation – We would love to borrow a 12- or 15-passenger van for one or all three weeks of SMI.
SMI Philly also has a “need list” of paper products, outreach supplies, and food that we will use during the three weeks of SMI – please email the director if you are interested in donating any of these items. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in promoting SMI, we would be happy to send you pre-formatted electronic versions of a bulletin announcement, a brief article, and a bulletin insert that describe SMI. Email us at email@example.com.