Medical Campus Outreach is looking for a new administrator for 25 hours/week, year round work. The job entails database management, large scale mailings/e-mailings, and requires strong writing and PC skills. One must also have a heart for student ministry, godly character, and winsome personality as our admin is often the first contact with students. The job description is posted below with a start date of April 15th.
The MCO Administrator supports the MCO staff team with daily operations and logistics: manages and creates publicity for MCO and its events, coordinates events and projects as assigned, supports the campus ministries by connecting student leaders to necessary resources, welcomes new students and professionals to Medical Campus Outreach, facilitates fundraising for MCO and SMI, and processes weekly donations. This is a part-time non-exempt position; 20 hours a week, year-round. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to MCO Director, Dr. Laura Layer.
- Growing Christian with vision for campus ministry who has a relational ministry philosophy
- Willing to commit to being part of a ministry team, with the many advantages and challenges entailed
- Strong PC skills (database experience essential; advanced Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to balance multiple priorities with attention to detail while observing deadlines
- Self-initiating, able to work independently and multi-task
- Personal and professional communication skills with excellent written and verbal techniques, able to respond in a courteous and spiritually encouraging way to many different kinds of people, able to handle confidential matters prudently
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to relate to many people from various backgrounds often all in the same event/context
- Commitment to high quality work in a busy setting
- Must be willing to work flexible hours when required
- Speed and accuracy in typing
- Education: B.A. preferred; Associates Degree or secretarial courses or other related training beyond the high school level. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of education
- Experience: Must possess 2+ years secretarial/administrative experience; must possess 5+ years utilizing PC software
- Experience or willingness to be trained in the following software: Excel, Word, QuickBooks, Frontpage, MailChimp, Little Green Light
- Flexibility and willingness to take part in ministry events such as evening dinners/Sunday lunches and the Summer Medical Institute, which is structured like a short term missions trip
- Support the MCO staff team with daily operations and logistics, utilizing Gmail, Google Docs, MailChimp, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and the Little Green Light database.
- Manage and create publicity and newsletters for MCO and MCO-sponsored events, utilizing MS Publisher, MailChimp, Facebook, Vimeo, and Tenth’s website.
- Coordinate monthly MCO Healthcare Fellowship lunches and Campus CityWide dinners with Tenth Church Staff, MCO volunteers, lunch leaders, campus leaders.
- Coordinate special events and projects, as assigned.
- Support the campus ministries and students by connecting student leaders to necessary resources.
- Welcome new students and professionals to Medical Campus Outreach.
- Facilitate fundraising for MCO and SMI (mainly through mailings 4 times a year) and process weekly donations.