A friend of MCO is seeking a primary care physician to partner with me to plant a new direct primary care clinic in an underserved area of North Charleston, SC. The focus of this clinic will be to provide affordable health care to the working uninsured. This clinic will work outside the traditional 3rd party payer model to allow us to build genuine relationships with our patients, encourage appropriate access of healthcare, offer affordable transparent pricing, and be on mission to our local community and the nations. Initially, in addition to planting the new clinic we would job share my current position at an on-site direct primary care clinic at a local business with about 500 employees. Additionally, you would help us staff and lead the Harvest Free Medical Clinic. Both of these clinics are well established. We do have 4th year medical students that rotate through our offices. We have lived in this community for approximately 5 years and we would be desire for you to join us in community as well. Our lifestyle prioritizes time with family and time in the community. A missionary mindset is necessary.
For more information: Dr. Brian Reinhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 864-323-2529.
Medical Campus Outreach is looking for a new administrator for 25 hours/week, year round work. The job entails database management, large scale mailings/e-mailings, and requires strong writing and PC skills. One must also have a heart for student ministry, godly character, and winsome personality as our admin is often the first contact with students. The job description is posted below with a start date of April 15th.
The MCO Administrator supports the MCO staff team with daily operations and logistics: manages and creates publicity for MCO and its events, coordinates events and projects as assigned, supports the campus ministries by connecting student leaders to necessary resources, welcomes new students and professionals to Medical Campus Outreach, facilitates fundraising for MCO and SMI, and processes weekly donations. This is a part-time non-exempt position; 20 hours a week, year-round. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to MCO Director, Dr. Laura Layer.
- Growing Christian with vision for campus ministry who has a relational ministry philosophy
- Willing to commit to being part of a ministry team, with the many advantages and challenges entailed
- Strong PC skills (database experience essential; advanced Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to balance multiple priorities with attention to detail while observing deadlines
- Self-initiating, able to work independently and multi-task
- Personal and professional communication skills with excellent written and verbal techniques, able to respond in a courteous and spiritually encouraging way to many different kinds of people, able to handle confidential matters prudently
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to relate to many people from various backgrounds often all in the same event/context
- Commitment to high quality work in a busy setting
- Must be willing to work flexible hours when required
- Speed and accuracy in typing
- Education: B.A. preferred; Associates Degree or secretarial courses or other related training beyond the high school level. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of education
- Experience: Must possess 2+ years secretarial/administrative experience; must possess 5+ years utilizing PC software
- Experience or willingness to be trained in the following software: Excel, Word, QuickBooks, Frontpage, MailChimp, Little Green Light
- Flexibility and willingness to take part in ministry events such as evening dinners/Sunday lunches and the Summer Medical Institute, which is structured like a short term missions trip
- Support the MCO staff team with daily operations and logistics, utilizing Gmail, Google Docs, MailChimp, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and the Little Green Light database.
- Manage and create publicity and newsletters for MCO and MCO-sponsored events, utilizing MS Publisher, MailChimp, Facebook, Vimeo, and Tenth’s website.
- Coordinate monthly MCO Healthcare Fellowship lunches and Campus CityWide dinners with Tenth Church Staff, MCO volunteers, lunch leaders, campus leaders.
- Coordinate special events and projects, as assigned.
- Support the campus ministries and students by connecting student leaders to necessary resources.
- Welcome new students and professionals to Medical Campus Outreach.
- Facilitate fundraising for MCO and SMI (mainly through mailings 4 times a year) and process weekly donations.
Join MCO and PCOM in presenting a panel discussion of medicine and it’s impact on marriage and relationships. Medical relationships have unique challenges, but we’re bringing together a group to help you figure out how they can be managed. We’ll be in PCOM’s Evans Hall room 202 at 6pm. Sign up so that we have enough food! Email Lauren with any questions.
Christmas Blessings abound! MCO is pleased to announce that a generous donor is willing to match all December donations, up to $10,000! So if you have thought about giving to Medical Campus Outreach and haven’t yet, or you are a regular donor with just 10 dollars more to spare, now is the time! Know that we steward your gifts carefully (2 ½ paid staff put on all of our programs, including SMI) and that they can have an impact worldwide.
Please consider donating through the Support MCO page to help us finish 2017 strong and head into 2018 on a great foot!
If you have ever wondered what a medical ethicist does, what difficult cases they have to decide, and how their opinions could affect you and your family come hear our own local medical ethicist, Dr. Bill Edgar speak on “The Practice of Medical Ethics in our Community.” Lunch and talk on 1/7/18, 12:45pm, at Tenth Presbyterian Church. This is a joint event of Medical Campus Outreach and Tenth City Network. Email Lauren with any questions.
Congress has an opportunity–within days–to pass the Conscience Protection Act to ban government discrimination of health professionals who decline to participate in abortion.
It will help stop coercion of physicians and nurses. It can also stop state-mandated abortion coverage in conscientiously objecting organizations’ insurance plans. You can follow this link to get talking points and call your senator to encourage their voice on this issue.
The CCHF staff has become aware of a unique opportunity to help the victims of HurricaneHarvey.
Christ Clinic, Katy is located in the area affected by the hurricane but did not suffer structural damage. They reopened their clinic on Tuesday and are seeing all in need, free of charge. Normally the clinic treats 45 to 50 patients a day. The past three days they have seen 250 or more patients per day. The staff is exhausted and supplies are running low.
There are two ways to help:
Number 1. Christ Clinic has asked CCHF to spread the word that they welcome help from Family Medicine Providers and mid-levels. Even a day of your time would be significant. There are no hotels available but the Christ Clinic staff is offering to provide hospitality in their homes.
Because their clinic has limited treatment areas CCHF has offered to help schedule any willing providers. We would be sending 3 or 4 at a time max. Anyone who would like to go should contact the CCHF office (not the clinic) Understandably the staff is a bit overwhelmed.
If you are a medical professional that is currently employed with a clinic or hospital and want to head to Katy, Texas, send your name, specialty type, state of license, and identification number to email@example.com. Texas has temporarily suspended barriers that prevent out-of-state health care providers from working with disaster response teams to assist victims of Hurricane Harvey.
Number 2. Unable to go yourself? Not a medical provider? You can still make a difference by donating money to Christ Clinic, Katy. To donate now click here.
Click here to see what other specific needs the clinic has.
Esperanza Health Center is hiring! Check out their website for full details and information on how to apply. Some positions include: